Live on FUFA TV. (Busoga United FC Lost the Match by Forfeiture)
Circumstances of the case
Upon receipt of the Match officials report, the General Coordinator’s report and upon further review of the recorded match video of the 2022/23 Startimes Uganda Premier League match number 52 Busoga United FC vs Express FC that was played on Wednesday 16th November 2022 at Kakindu stadium Jinja, the Committee established the following incidents;
1. The Reports and the Recorded Match video clearly showed that indeed Busoga united FC fans started throwing stones and bottles during game time to the field of play from all directions which forced the referee to suspend the game for about five minutes.
2. It is further established from the video that the security agencies tried to bring back sanity to the field but failed.
3. The game was later abandoned after security operatives failed to ensure safety on the field of play despite using tear gas and bullets to disperse the fans.
4. It is also stated in the report that some of the home team stewards joined the fans of Busoga United FC.
5. It was stated in the match reports that the chairperson of the club; Nyago Diana denied the away team access to the dressing room, exchanged abusive words with the coaches of the away team and further denied the kits man of the away team access to the field play at about eight minutes to warm up time.
6. All of the above actions are contrary to the FUFA Competitions Rules and Regulations. All the established facts and incidents were put to the attention of Busoga United FC and invited to file a written defence, the Club filed a response on the 19thNovember 2022 which the Committee considered in detail and found the same defence contradictory in as far as denying obvious incidents captured on the recorded match video and on the other hand seeking for lenience.
1. That the Busoga United FC fans indeed threw stones and bottles to the field of play which forced the referee to suspend the game for about five minutes.
2. That the game was indeed abandoned after security operatives failed to ensure safety on the field of play despite police using all possible measures to disperse the fans.
3. Some of the home team stewards indeed joined the fans of Busoga United FC in throwing stones onto the field of play.
4. All of the above findings brought the game of football into disrepute.
In arriving at the decision, the CDP took into consideration the following factors:
1. Busoga United FC hereby loses SUPL Match Number 52 Busoga United FC vs Express FC that was played on Wednesday 16th November 2022 at Kakindu stadium Jinja by forfeiture.
2. An immediate three (3) points and three (3) goals deduction to be deducted from those already accumulated by the club.
3. Suspended Five (5) Star Times Uganda Premier League home matches for Busoga United FC that shall be played in a closed stadium in a neutral territory outside the jurisdiction of the FUFA Eastern Regional Football Association and at a stadium that shall be already licensed for the 2022/2023 Star Times Uganda Premier League matches should Busoga United FC be found liable in contravention of Article 31 again.
|16/11/2022||4:00 pm||Uganda Premier League||2022/23|
Rehema Kizito Nansubuga
|Charles Edward Zziwa |
Lydia Nantabo Wanyama