Job Title: Commercial Manager
Employer: Uganda Premier League
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kampala, Uganda
At the Uganda Premier League, marketing is about understanding the football fans — and building awareness about how UPL can satisfy their needs. We are looking for an experienced and versatile Commercial Manager who is hungry to do this and more.
Our ideal candidate must be innovative and with experience in developing and executing marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring a team. He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people-person who loves the
rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
In this role, you will be optimizing our marketing strategies, managing the marketing department’s budget and staff, as well as preparing forecasts. To ensure success, you will need extensive knowledge of sports marketing strategies
and the ability to identify new business leads. An outstanding commercial manager will be someone whose expertise translates into increased UPL brand awareness, sponsorships and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement a working marketing strategy.
- Ensure UPL is communicating the right messaging to attract fans, prospective partners, and retain existing ones.
- Updating the UPL Board on the progress of marketing activities and reporting on the results of all activities.
- Lead market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing opportunities.
- Collaborate with media organizations and advertising agencies.
- Brainstorm ideas for new campaigns for UPL.
- Coordinate with other UPL departments to produce effective marketing strategies.
- Analyzing data to evaluate the success of the marketing efforts and come up with new ideas to improve the UPL brand marketing and exposure.
- Analyzing market trends and preparing forecasts.
- Generating new sponsorships and/or partnerships.
- Increasing brand awareness and profitability.
- Coordinating marketing strategies with other UPL departments.
- Overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly and annual reports to the UPL Board.
- Promoting the UPL brand at trade shows and major industry-related events.
- Keeping informed of marketing strategies and trends.
- A minimum of a university degree in Business Management or Business Administration, Marketing, Business Development, SMEs, Mass Communication and related fields is essential.
- Specialized training in SAC or ASMC, FAMACO II, and football administration is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in implementing marketing strategies and business development projects.
- Good aptitude of logical framework approach.
- Experience with business income growth strategies.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent networking and liaison skills.
- Strong computer and analytical report writing skills.
- Alert in regards to new marketing trends.
- Good knowledge of Sports marketing will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Good understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Professional judgment and discretion.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2022.