FUFA has confirmed Saturday 31st March 2018 as the date U20 national team (men) will be playing against South Sudan at Star Times Stadium-Lugogo.
25 players were summoned some of whom from AUPL clubs. KCCA FC, Vipers FC and Proline FC have more than 2 players on the squad.
Pursuant to article19 (17) of FUFA competitions rules, “If a club has more than two (2) players on the national team, the fixture involving such a club may be called off three (3) days before and three (3) days after the national team engagement if it is to be played in Uganda”.
KCCA FC is willing to play their game minus their players on the squad.
Accordingly, UPL Secretariat has made fixture adjustments on match-Day-22 as follows: Match Day 22: Fixtures moved from Saturday 31st March 2018 to Friday 30th March 2018;
- M#168 Kirinya Jinja SSS FC Vs KCCA FC, Bugembe Stadium-Jinja, 4:30pm
- M#170 Mbarara City FC Vs URA FC, Kakyeka Stadium-Mbarara, 4:30pm
- M#171 Soana FC Vs BUL FC, Kavumba Recreation Centre, 4:30pm.
- M#172 UPDF FC Vs Maroons FC, Bombo Barracks Ground, 4:30pm.
- M#173 Police FC Vs Bright Stars FC, M. National Stadium-Namboole, 4:30pm.
- M#174 Onduparaka FC Vs Masavu FC, Green Light Stadium-Arua, 4:30pm
Proline FC Vs SC Villa and Vipers SC Vs Express FC have been postponed.
New dates for all postponed matches will be communicated soonest. We regret any inconvenience caused. In the name of the game.